FULTON COUNTY, GA — The Fulton County Department of Behavioral Wellbeing and Developmental Disabilities was awarded a $3.9 million federal grant from the Business of Minority Health and fitness in the Division of Wellness and Human Expert services to increase wellness literacy outcomes for minority populations.
This modern Health and fitness Literacy application will get to African American and Latinx inhabitants who have experienced a substantial COVID-19 influence by growing recognition of COVID-19 mitigation endeavours and behavioral overall health solutions increase COVID-19 tests and vaccine uptake reducing stigma linked to behavioral health although raising behavioral health literacy and escalating usage of behavioral wellness products and services in Fulton County.
“This grant award is an remarkable possibility for the Fulton County Office of Behavioral Health and fitness & Developmental Disabilities to collaborate with group associates to attain a person of the most susceptible teams in our county,” Fulton County Main Operating Officer Anna Roach said in a information launch. “It is essential to not only boost awareness surrounding COVID-19 mitigation initiatives, but to also search for chances to extend behavioral health literacy through Fulton County.”
In demonstrating its dedication to achieving minority populations in Fulton County, the Division of Behavioral Wellbeing and Developmental Disabilities will lover with Morehouse School of Drugs, a minority serving institution, for quality improvement pursuits and software analysis. Other companions will involve the Fulton County Board of Health.
The Health and fitness Literacy plan will handle personalized and organizational health and fitness literacy as a result of culturally appropriate approaches, like:
- Development of a Neighborhood Coalition Board.
- Implementation of a primary and behavioral well being integration system to address the latest needs ensuing from COVID-19 as perfectly as pre-present and potential requirements in minority and socially vulnerable populations.
- Deployment of a cellular behavioral overall health device in minority and underserved neighborhoods.
- Generation of a group of six Outreach Employees who will grow to be experts on the underserved and minority populations in their district and also obtain culturally certain coaching.
- Implementation of a dynamic on the internet hub for treatment coordination.
- Community events with matters related to COVID-19 and behavioral wellbeing.
- Conducting a culturally and linguistically delicate visibility and outreach campaign.
“COVID-19 has seriously impacted our communities, with the new Well being Literacy funding we are committed to teach, hook up, and provide our citizens by a holistic strategy to well being concentrating on prevention, availability of assets, and elevated obtain to treatment,” Director of Fulton County Department of Behavioral Well being and Developmental Disabilities LaTrina Foster explained in the release.
For additional info, contact the Section of Behavioral Health and fitness and Developmental Disabilities at 404-613-7013.